7/4/11

The difference between male and female guild leader

Firstly, I have managed to lead a few raids by myself (I'm a guy, if you didn't know that already) and in general do my best to make sure everything goes fairly and smoothly, however passively I usually act. If a person doesn't work hard enough for the standards I set for that instance, I add them to my blacklist. Of course, due to time constraints and a lack of a desire to lead raids in general, I've stopped. I don’t earn much wow gold.
Many of the raid leaders I've been with are guys. They actually range from relatively easy-going to fair and stern to absolute. The easy-going ones tend to invite pretty much anyone, and it works best for a group that isn't going too far into a raid (4/12 ICC, weekly). The easy-going raid leaders are usually inexperienced as a result, and are often just people want to quickly get stuff done so they don't have to bother with it later in the week. Then work together to make gold and then we needn’t buy wow gold anymore.
The "fair and stern" raid leaders among males are a bit rare (for complete pugs. In terms of guild, most raid leaders appear to fall into this category, regardless of gender). If at all, a raid leader that appears to be like this is often just a relatively inexperienced raid leader propped up by decent raiding buddies. However, in the rare few cases that a pug leader is "fair and stern," raids run incredibly smoothly and result in strong, cohesive groups in the long run, kind of like a regular GDKP run. One really well-known player I feel falls into this category, and as a result he can run pretty much any raid he wants and expect droves of people to come (he even has a pretty large core of regulars)
The absolute raid leader appears as a casual raid leader but then on content that actually matters, if something goes wrong, he goes off yelling at people and pointing fingers (rightfully or wrongfully. This depends). The degree of anger varies, however. Then cheap wow gold should not the present he given to us.
As for the females, all female raid leaders I've met thus far really fall somewhere in the "easy-going" and "fair and stern" category. Often they are calm and try to keep the raid content and together. Some take their time (something most male raid leaders don't seem to do, from my view).
I hope this has been a relatively decent analysis for you...Shame I haven't had much experience with guild raid leaders. Several different guilds. Good raid leaders, defined as "not as much of a challenge as the content itself," one female, three male.
The "four or six" is because one was a leader who was utterly under the control of another gamer (female) and the two maybe-leaders let multiple bigmouths walk over the top of them. (Mostly female, again, but male as well.)
I've been a raid leader, as well, mostly because my fiancé/husband and I did gear-up runs in Kara for folks who weren't so quick leveling up.
On a side note, we always introduced ourselves as a couple to new people, and without fail they assumed that my husband was the female. Eventually, our sense of humor lead to me never speaking on vent, and he use voice changing tech, there's a long line of raids that were lead by yours truly who think they were lead by a man.

No comments:

Post a Comment